Friday, December 17, 2010

What happened to free time?

Five years ago, my life was much more simple. I'd go to work, come home, read a book (or two), maybe watch some television, take care of the rug rats, spend time with the hubby, maybe do something for a church calling (job), and go to bed.

Now, I have (count them) three blogs (family, personal, and Authors' Advisory), a Facebook page, and a Twitter account. I've written a 102,000 word WIP that needs some serious editing / rewriting / cutting. I'm the leader of an online writing group (yay Pied Pipers!). I get to help interview authors twice a month (yay Authors' Advisory)--or, as with this week, twice a week. I have two church callings, and I hardly ever watch TV. Who has time for TV? I don't read as much as I did before, but since I can't survive without reading, I'm still doing that. I stay up late, I get up early, I'm tired a lot, and I'm constantly busy.

I love my life. Relaxation is so overrated.

4 comments:

  1. Watch TV? When you could be writing or reading????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I have not always had my priorities in line. After years of effort and with the help of my trusted DVR, I managed to overcome my TV addiction by resurrecting my dormant (while I was in college) novel addiction. I'm still working on dialing down my reading in favor of writing....

    There really needs to be more hours in the day so I can do more reading. Last year I read over 170 books. This year I'll be lucky to hit 140.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over 170??? You must be a fast reader! I tend to listen to more books now because my actually sit down and read time is so limited. I loved listening to great readers while I'm doing mindless things like laundry, yard and housework, driving places, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL--I'm more dedicated than fast. :)

    ReplyDelete