Thursday, July 28, 2011

Yup: It's Another Pitch Contest

What can I say? I'm addicted. (Also, pitches are hard, and I'm not quite good at them yet. Practice. Practicepracticepracticepracticepractice.)

This 2-sentence pitch contest is going on over at Beyond Words, and will be judged by Chantelle's agent, Victoria Marini, of Gelfman Schneider Literary Agents, Inc. They prefer that you only join the contest if your WIP is complete, because the prize is a Full Request from Victoria--and she promises to at least critique it for you.

It closes tomorrow night, Friday, July 7th at midnight GMT. (I'm a bit math-challenged, so help me out: EDT=GMT-4hrs. I'm in MDT. So that's GMT-6hrs, right? So the contest closes Friday night at 6 PM MDT, right?)

As a bonus? You also get to include your first line. And boy does my first line look lonely all by itself like that. You should totally come join the contest with me, so it's not so lonely. Writing pitches is a special kind of suffering that really must be shared.

5 comments:

  1. I suck at pitches. And queries (if only because I can't being myself to write one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robin:
    Saw your pitch - thought it was da bomb. BTW, I loved your 200 words for Deana's blogfest. If I'd been judging, it would've been my pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna--everyone sucks at pitches when they start out. That's why I've joined so many pitch contests--nothing like forced practice.

    Melodie--awww--thanks! Now I'd like you to become an agent.... So glad it caught your attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for telling me about this! Also, I just gave you an award on my blog... I'd love it if you stopped by to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lisa! GUTGAA was so great for meeting new friends! Congrats on all your success in the contests!

    ReplyDelete