Other things I've accomplished today:
- Cleaned the dust off the computer desk (so it wouldn't soil my lovely paper piles)
- Unloaded, loaded, and ran the dishwasher
- Set up my kids with games on the laptop ('cause I'm using the big computer to finish my edit)
- Fed my kids breakfast and lunch
- Ate lunch myself (need energy for all the editing I'm about to do)
- Researched alternate royal titles and Irish names
- Watched Bugs & Daffy escape from jail (while sitting in my computer chair--I really need a separate office if I'm going to get editing done)
- Laughed at Phineas and Ferb (who can resist that show?)
- Wiped off a counter in the kitchen
- Read a bunch of blogs (mostly about editing--'cause I need to, like, edit)
- Pondered favorite time-wasters
- This blog post
I'm sure YOU never have a problem with this, but should you ever need to let your mind rest from your WIP, I'd like to tell you about one of my favorite online games: Wizzball.
To play, you start out with a board shadowed to helpfully show you where the pieces will go. The list at the bottom shows you which pieces you have to play with.
This here is my very own creation. Can you see my subliminal message about what I SHOULD be working on instead?
And now I feel strangely compelled to work on my WIP. Don't you?
Okay, I'm gonna get back to work. Really. Right now. Watch me go....
(What are your favorite time-wasters online? Yanno, in case I need more ideas. Like, after I'm done with this edit. 'Cause I'm so totally getting back to work. Right. Now.)