This one is from Jenny Kaczorowski (which, for the record, is REALLY hard to spell without looking), an awesome friend who has helped me tons with my query lately.
|Isn't it pretty?|
- Post 10 things you may not know about me
- Pass it along to six other bloggers.
Ready for another random list of useless Robin trivia?
- In elementary school, I was the skinniest kid in the class. Then puberty came calling and I never clued in that I couldn't eat whatever I wanted anymore. Worse, I fell for that "I'm eating for two" thing during my first pregnancy. WHY didn't anyone tell me that was a myth? Yeah, like a human the size of a bean needs his own large serving of lasagna.
- In middle school, I won a school writing contest with a short story about a little girl who was abused by her mother. My mother was not amused.
- I'm my mother's clone. Which is awesome, because when I was 23, she was mistaken for my sister.
- I've been acting and singing since I was very young and was in a children's singing group called the Rainbow Connection. I still can't stand that song, but several of my elementary school pictures featured me in my RC costume. Heaven knows why.
- I cut bangs into my hair for that group and spent the next five years trying to grow them out.
- In middle school, my choir teacher was Mr. Broomhead. When I went to high school, the high school hired Mr. Broomhead as choir teacher, where he continued to teach me through senior year Madrigals. (YONC!) When I graduated, Mr. Broomhead went on to teach at BYU. Sadly, I never took his choral class, since I was keeping my evenings free in case I landed a part in one of the major plays. I took private voice lessons instead.
- I never landed a part in any of the major plays, though I did get to act in some student projects.
- I settled on a directing emphasis and the fabulous Shelly Brown starred in my Mask Club play for my intermediate directing class.
- I haven't even ATTENDED a play in years and I miss it sooo much! Too bad being in plays is such a time suck.
- I sing in my church choir, but my favorite singing group is with my mother and sisters. We all have the same voice (ok, well, my sister's is better), so blending is no problem.
And I'm giving this award to...
- Krista Van Dolzer for her awesome contests
- Ru for her fearlessly hilarious posts
- Deana Barnhart, blogfester extraordinaire
- Shelly Brown (who blogs with her husband), because I'd feel guilty if I mentioned her and didn't give her the award, and not because she's hilarious or anything
- Brenda Drake, another of my favorite contest sites
- Donna Weaver, who packs good advice onto her blog and lets me stay at her house for LTUE
Boy, that's hard to choose. If I didn't pick you, don't fret. Blogger awards are the chain-mail of the blogosphere, so you're sure to get it eventually. :)
So who got to go to Brodi's book launch last night? Was it awesome?