Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Yay Olympics! (And contests for you!)

Okay, so I'm supposed to have a regular blog post today, but I'm busy watching the XXX Olympics (which has a refreshing lack of nudity--London is too cold for skin). So instead, I'll tell you about four awesome contests.

Three are connected and run by the Teen Eyes editorial crew (I've already mentioned Taryn Albright--she has friends). ALL THREE OF THESE CONTESTS ARE GOING ON TODAY, AND END... UM IN 1 HOUR (AT 12 NOON EASTERN TIME) AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT (12 PM has so many meanings):

I totally stole this pic from the Teen Eyes site.
Hope they don't mind.
Taryn will be judging a query contest over on one of my favorite contest sites, Miss Snark's First Victim. Go post your query in the comments and you could win $100 to use toward the purchase of one (or more) of Taryn's awesome editorial services. Which, I can tell you, you want.

I wonder if it would be cheating to enter the contest with the query Taryn helped me polish last week....

Brent Taylor will be judging 35-word pitches over at Brenda Drake's blog. You could win a 20,000 word in-depth manuscript critique.

Kate Coursey is judging a 250-word contest on Mother. Write. (Repeat.). You'll also need a 1-sentence pitch. Kate is also giving away a 20,000 word manuscript critique.

You wanna enter, don't you? Go! Go! Go!

If you missed those contests (sorry), you can still enter to win a copy of Dan Well's latest head-trip: THE HOLLOW CITY. This is over on my favorite book-blogger's site, Bloggin' 'Bout Books. Susan's contest is open through August 15.

2 comments:

  1. I'm digging the lack of skin too. I always worry the beach volleyball players will lose their suits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL--my husband was bemoaning the beach volleyball outfits. He's more a fan of winter sports, to the summer Olympics are now officially ruined for him. RUINED!

      (I should mention that my husband is not normally prone to ogling other women.)

      Delete