166 days later, on April 12, 2011, I hit 50 followers.
I love you guys!
I want to do something to celebrate. Would anyone be interested in a first page crit? I'm willing to critique the first 250 words of the WIP of any blog follower (current or future). Mostly to give you an idea of what your average reader would think about your first page, and possibly some ideas to improve it.
Also, since I've been thinking about beginnings lately, I'd love to have your permission to share (anonymous) portions of my favorites in a future blog post about what works in a first page.
If you're interested:
- Between today and June 18, 2011
- Click my Email Me link in the sidebar, under my picture --->
- Use the subject "First Page Crit: [Title of Your Book]"
- Tell me the genre and put a quick 2-sentence pitch at the top of the email so I have a feel for what the book is about.
- Put your first 250 words in the body of the email. (Not as an attachment.) Please add space between paragraphs, and stop at the first full sentence before you hit 250 words (mainly to get you in the habit of not cutting sentences short for when you send partials to agents).
- Indicate if you'd be willing to let me use my favorite parts in a future post about first pages.
- Indicate if you'd like to be named if I use portions of your work on my blog. (I'm only planning to quote the good parts.)
Thanks again, everyone! Triple digits are awesome! :)