Monday, February 20, 2012

I Got Tagged!

Donna Weaver tagged me on Saturday and this one is rather interesting: I have to get to write my own questions!

First, here's the rules (with a slight alteration by Donna):
The Tag rules: 1. You must post the rules! 2. Answer the questions and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged. 3. Tag eleven seven (because it's a magical number) people and link to them. 4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.
#1... check.

Now, here's Donna's questions, with my answers:

1. If Abe Lincoln and George Washington got into a fight who’d win--and why?
Hm. This is a toughie. George Washington kicked England's butt on American soil when England was better equipped, better, trained... and very far from home. Abe Lincoln got his own country to stop fighting with itself. Plus, he was a lawyer (apropos of nothing but still cool) and had a lot of experience with failure. Abe's scrappier. He can take George.

2. What was your favorite book in 2011?
Duh. EVERNEATH. It's technically a 2012 book, but I read it in 2011.

3. If you had a magical snail that could grant wishes, what would you ask for?
I've always wanted to be able to fly....

4. What would your last meal be if you were on death row?
I can barely decide what to have for dinner tonight. I'd probably go with lobster, though, just because I haven't ever had it and I know it's expensive. Not that I'd be able to eat.

5. Who is your favorite, Bill or Ted? Why?
George. (I've never seen a movie with "Excellent" in the title, but George is always cooler.)

6. What will your weapon of choice be for the coming zombie apocalypse? Why?
A scythe and a hooded cloak. The zombies will think I'm Death and will run away because they'll know instinctively that they can't escape twice. And if they're too stupid, I'll have a big knife on the end of a long stick.

7. Who is your favorite literary stalker?
Edward. It might be creepy, but I thought it was sweet that he went to her room every night. Intentions matter, yo?

8. If people were thrown in jail for bad habits, what would you be thrown in jail for?
I plead the 5th.

9. What is the most distant place you've visited or lived?
Washington, D.C. Unless you count locales when I was the size of a bean. Then it's England.

10. If a spaceship were to land outside your house right now, would you get in it? If yes, where would you ask it to take you--and it could be anywhere you wanted to go.
Yes: Kolob. But just for a visit.

11. Who is your favorite author?
Unfair question. I love too many, and my favorite changes based on who has the most recent book out. See my left sidebar.

Okay, so now for my own questions:
  1. How many books did you read last year? What was your favorite genre?
  2. Which popular genre have you tried and tried but can never really get into?
  3. Which literary character is most like your ideal spouse? Which is most like your actual spouse /  significant other? Why?
  4. Besides writing and reading, what is your favorite pastime?
  5. If you could play God and change one thing about the world, what would it be? Limitation: you can't mess with free agency.
  6. Which writer's conferences have you attended? If you had unlimited time and money, which conferences would you attend?
  7. You're on a talk show, talking about your newest bestseller. The host announces a surprise guest: the author you've always been inspired by, but have never met. Who comes out on stage? What is your reaction?
  8. If you could design the cover for your WIP, what would it look like?
  9. Which literary villain scared you the most?
  10. Pantser or outliner?
  11. Which one of your characters would most benefit the world, if made real? Which one should stay fictional--for all our sakes?
Now for the hard part: choosing who to tag. Might as well pick on... my writing group! (Obviously, Donna and Barbara Jean can ignore this tag.) Best part of that idea? They're already listed over in the sidebar---->

Also, I can contact them all in the same place! :)

Yes, I'm lazy.

8 comments:

  1. Good answers! Seriously, though? You've never seen Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? It's SO funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I've heard. It's one of my biggest culture failures. *hangs head in shame*

      Delete
  2. You gotta see Bill and Ted. It's a moronic classic!! And you can see just how far Keanu Reeves HASN'T come. *snicker* (I actually love Keanu.) I got tagged by Donna, too, plus 3 others. I got pick and choose my favorite questions to answer, lucky me! I'm reading Everneath right now and I really, really like it. And that's saying a lot since I don't care much for popular YA. And you're so right about Edward. Never thought about it that way. Good answers, all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll put Bill and Ted on my TBW list, but I rarely watch movies when my hubby isn't forcing some "family" time. :)

      Let me know how you like EVERNEATH!

      Delete
  3. Just finished EVERNEATH noticed you in the acknowledgments. (One of Donna's recommends) In my opinion, one of the best YA I've read in along time. Much better than the current dystopian fad fiction. (Hunger Games and Divergent - although I did like Divergent)

    I hope it does well. My hats off to Brodi Ashton an author who is apparently not afraid to write about 'real' love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing? I love being in the acknowledgments, but it makes it look like I'm promoting the book because of that. I'm not: I'm in the acknowledgments because I've been promoting the book for the last two years! :) I even went on record over a year ago predicting that it would be a bestseller.

      Delete
  4. Kolob...but just for a visit.

    So funny. Great answers!

    ReplyDelete