Saturday, September 22, 2012

Les Mis!!!

My junior year of high school, I went on choir tour from Sandy, Utah to Seattle, Washington. We rode in a tour bus. It took about (checks Google Maps...) 14 hours. At the beginning of the trip, a friend lent me her cassette tape (if you young un's reading this don't know that that is, Google it) of Les Misérables. I plugged it into my walkman (yes, I'm OLD) and turned it on. I spent almost the entire trip with my hands clamped over my headphones to block out the party going on around me, absorbing the beauty of this musical. Later, another friend who had seen the musical live and purchased the extended soundtrack spent three glorious hours describing each scene to me as we listened to it together.

One of my greatest sadnesses is that I've always lacked the funds to see a lot of live theatre. So I've never seen Les Mis live. (Yeah, I majored in Theatre Arts. My priorities are WAY out of wack.)

Which is why I was so ecstatic/thrilled/weepy when I saw this:



YOU GUYS! Can anything be more wonderful?

Edit: OH! A trailer! This is pretty dang wonderful, too!

10 comments:

  1. I'm not into singing lyrics, but this looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a MUSICAL. Only recorded, so I can watch it over and over and over and over. I am SO coming to Utah this Christmas so I can go with my sisters instead of my sleeping husband! #squee!

      Delete
  2. I saw this yesterday and it made my entire day! We did Les Mis when I was in high school and I've seen it on Broadway twice. It's my all-time favorite. This movie is going to be the best Christmas present ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm officially jealous of you. Might not be able to speak to you anymore--except how can I hate someone who loves Les Mis? #dilemma

      Delete
  3. There's a rumor that it might be rated R (yes, I'm one of THOSE people...). I guess we'll find out in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What!? A story about a woman who turns to prostitution interposed over a story of a bloody revolution might be rated R? *really likes sarcasm*

      Still, I hope not--I want to make my sons watch it!

      Delete
  4. Eek! I can hardly wait for this! Hugh Jackman... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Les Mis :) I hope it's not rated R. That would bum me out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Les Mis is the first show I ever saw on Broadway. It was amazing!
    Hugh Jackman is an excellent choice. He's yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO SO SO excited to watch this. SO.

    ReplyDelete